Healthy Eating For Life
Judy Simon MS, RDN, CD, CHES, FAND specializes in nutrition counseling for individuals, couples and families. Judy provides evidence-based nutrition counseling in eating disorders, reproductive nutrition (fertility), and weight management. She is recognized nationally as an expert of nutrition and fertility
Judy offers her clients the unique experience of a non-dieting, intuitive approach to healthy eating. Many of her clients have tried traditional diets and programs and failed. Instead, Judy combines her expertise in nutrition and coaches her clients to success to lose weight, overcome eating disorders and master self-management of their health.
Judy’s professional contributions garner national attention from the nutrition and fertility fields. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics awarded Judy the Excellence in Practice in Women's Health in 2014 and the Community Practice Award for Excellence, Washington Academy Nutrition Dietetics 2017. Additionally, in coordination with Dr. Angela Thyer, Judy developed the Food for Fertility Program (TM) in 2011. Judy presented the outcomes of the Food for Fertility program at the American Society Reproductive Medicine (2013) and the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society Annual Scientific Meeting (2015).
Judy served as the President of the Seattle Tacoma Reproductive Society (2014-2015), past-chair of the Nutrition sub-interest group of the American Society of Reproductive Medicine and continues on as mentor coordinator of the Women's Health Dietetic Practice Group. She is also a board member for the Diabulimia Helpline.
August 23rd, 2016
Mind Body Nutrition is proud to offer Food for Fertility, a group workshop focused on the needs of women struggling with infertility and excess body weight. Here are 5 things you’ll learn when you attend the Food for Fertility class
1) Learn the latest research on what foods can prepare your body for healthy conception and pregnancy. We’ll answer questions like, what foods should you be including in your fertility diet?
2) Prepare and enjoy tasty dishes every week with your classmates. Design your own Mason Jar lunches, massage kale salads and stir up a quick pot of lentil chili. You will also bring home dozens of new healthful recipes.
3) Master mindful eating techniques that will guide you to healthier eating. Practice mindfulness skills that allow you to increase your awareness of hunger and satisfaction without needing to diet or restrict food.
4) Experience fun ways to add more fitness into your day.Learn how to stretch and be fit in less time and have more time for fun. Increase your accountability for faster results.
5) Collect delicious recipes along with tips for meal planning and shopping. Tasting and preparing new recipes in class will inspire you to plan more healthful meals.
Your first visit is usually sixty-minutes. Pick a comfortable time. After your first visit, we can schedule a fifty-minute follow-up session as appropriate. I am available for virtual consultation.
I will go into more detail about what counseling experiences you can expect. Below are my areas of expertise.
Food for Fertility program of consists of highly interactive classes offering participants lifestyle counseling in a supportive group setting.
Our classes are now on a virtual platform. We cook together from our home kitchens.
Food for Fertility offers women a virtual cooking class to optimize their fertility health and prepare for pregnancy. The series is led by Judy Simon and reproductive endocrinologist, Angela Thyer MD. Both of us will be cooking with you from our home kitchens. You will receive recipes in advance of the Saturday classes. Each session will focus on different areas of nutrition and lifestyle.
First class date: Feb 12th
Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Dates: Feb 12th, Feb 26th, Mar 12th, Mar 26th
Registration will open soon.
Join new moms, moms to be, moms with toddlers, and moms with multiples. We meet, eat, share, learn and take a 20 to 30 minute gentle walk. Babies, toddlers, pregnant moms are all welcome! Each monthly class focuses on nutrition and health topics for moms and children including recipes and healthy snacks.
In Bellevue, take Bellevue-Redmond Road.
Turn South on 140th Ave NE.
Take your first left onto NE 14th St.
First left again into Rockwood Office Park.
Follow signs to Building 1409.
When you visit, please plan to pay at time of service. I accept Master, Visa, and Discover charge cards including health savings debit cards.
I am an out-of-network provider. At time of service, I will provide documentation that you can submit to your insurance or your flexible spending acount (FSA) administrator.